Monday, June 15, 2009

Clever

Natalie has been saying the funniest things lately. My illustrious husband posted on Saturday that she was saying the "occasional sentence", but I am not so modest about her achievements (and he claims I understand her words better) so I feel like she is speaking in almost all sentences.

Some gems:

-"MOMMY! I found the 'mingos!" - on our walk home from school, she likes to point out some pink plastic flamingos that someone has planted in a pot by their house

-"Eat the water!" - she wanted me to drink water out of *my* water bottle whilst she was drinking out of *hers*... when I didn't comply quickly enough, she followed up with "OPEN MOUTH!!!"

-"my pony tail cute like mommy's" - our friend Cheryl put a ponytail in Natalie's hair on Saturday, and thus it immediately became the de rigeur hairstyle for the rest of the weekend.

-Yesterday I was sort of half-singing a song - "her" song - a particularly crazy hip hop song which we all love), and she started singing right along. Some people sing ABCs... my sweet, angelic, blonde curly-haired toddler likes to sing hip hop... luckily the words she sang were "notice you, noticing me" and not something more questionable.

-I remarked that Noah was cute, and she corrected me - apparently "Noah HANDSOME"... not cute. Who knew?

No comments: